Artcryption is a blockchain platform that sells, licenses, protects, stores and manages intellectual property rights such as art, limited editions, collectibles and other luxury goods.
Blockchain technology can solve the issues of provenance, chain of title, security, faster transactions and protect intellectual property in the art, collectibles, luxury goods and other intellectual property space.
Artcryption uses FAB blockchain technology making highly scalable and the fastest blockchain in the world able to handle a million transactions per second.
Fast Access Blockchain is the next generation of public blockchain technology built to be scalable for organizations to grow and easy to use for developers to build applications in the coding language of their choice.
New technology could transform part of the art industry. Blockchain could revolutionize the art industry by resolving questions of provenance and improving transparency. Traditionally, valuation has been considered more of an art than a science … The influencing factors (and how they drive an artwork’s value) are not always obvious or made clear to art collectors, and this can create friction and market inefficiencies – Deloitte Art & Finance Report, 2017
- track and record the title, provenance and chain of custody of your art collections using Object ID (international standard for art identification)
- manage your art collection inventory
- art ownership rights management
- Scale and connect with other galleries, artists and auction houses
- generate certificates of authenticity
- eliminate the problem of orphan works and unlocatable artists and copyright owners
- we work with auction houses to ensure all artwork they sell is authenticated with a proper chain of custody and provenance all placed on the blockchain
- intellectual property protection and management
- reduce costs associated with filing numerous copyright registrations by filing your copyright registrations on the blockchain
- prevent copyright infringement by being able to tag and track copies of art (both physical and digital versions)
- prevent other artists from appropriating an artist’s style by scanning for infringing copies across the web
- ensure users provide proper attribution, credit and copyright notices.
- digital rights management and licensing
- art market place to sell digital and physical art
- distribution and licensing of digitized versions of art creating new monetization avenue of artists by releasing limited editions of the digitized version of art purchased with cryptocurrency
- proper legal contracts and protections via smart contracts executed upon purchase
- create art on the blockchain
- use the Artcryption blockchain platform to manage art sales transactions by artists, collectors, galleries and auction houses securely, safely and expediently
- receive timely payment via smart contracts that self-execute and are triggered through the blockchain
- by utilizing Fast Access Blockchain technology, the platform is highly scalable to over one million transactions per second using a public blockchain
- permits artists to track resale rights and earn revenue from the resale of their art to benefit from the investment value of art
- obtain quicker and more accurate appraisals and valuations of your art for sale or insurance
- current research on appraisals is fragmented having to go to various sources such as galleries, auction houses and the artist themselves. A blockchain can put all sales and auction records in one place verified by accredited appraisers.
- prevent counterfeits, forgeries and fraud in the art market by recording all artwork on the blockchain
Team & Advisors
We have deep art and intellectual property industry relationships and expertise and understand the needs of artists, galleries and auction houses in having faster and more secure transactions in selling and licensing art, collectibles and related assets.
What is Artcryption?
ARTCRYPTION is a platform for the current art economy giving artists a voice and power utilizing blockchain.
It helps artists, galleries and auction houses ensure more secure faster sale and transactions while managing, licensing and protecting the intellectual property in the art and recording provenance and chain of custody.
If you’re a collector, auction house or artist – join the ARTCRYPTION movement to empower artists to create more beauty and art in the world. ARTCRYPTION intends to also incorporate jewellery/luxury goods, furniture and other limited edition and collectible items (and eventually create a platform for writers, musicians and film and television content).
Blockchain technology permits artists a way to track the provenance of their art and other collectibles by having all transactions and purchases placed on a blockchain. Transactions of value such as art sales are irreversible and created a record of that transaction forever so that it is traceable, auditable and verifiable. This record of art transactions on the blockchain can help with valuation, appraisals etc.